If you have a product that you are trying to sell online, it makes sense to first determine if your targeted audience is one who actually buys products online. But, how do you find this out?
In a new article entitled “The surprising facts about who shops online and on mobile“, Cooper Smith attempted to find out the answer to this very question.
His conclusions may surprise you.
Who Buys Online: Inside the Numbers
From a big picture point of view, Smith used this comScore data to determine that 78% of the U.S. population over the age of 15 has purchased something online in the last quarter alone. This is great news for online retailers of all varieties if that 78% comprises your customer base. But does it?
Smith identifies some interesting trends that defy a few conventional myths:
- Men spend nearly as much on e-commerce as women despite the fact that women conventionally drive 80% of household spending.
- Men are more likely to purchase items from their SmartPhone than women.
- The so-called Millenials are the biggest spenders online despite having less to spend than their elder counterparts.
- 25% of mobile shoppers are over the age of 55.
- Online shoppers tend to be wealthy with an average income over $75,000.
What To Do With These Online Buying Statistics
At The SEO System, we are all about taking action to enhance your online business. So, what will your action items be after reading the above online buyer behavior? For everyone who sells items online, there are action items to be derived from valid statistics.
Here are few items that you can take away from these newly obtained statistics:
Latest posts by Richard Cummings (see all)
- Social Shares Vs Inbound Links:Why being socially smart is organically stupid in 2018! - January 17, 2018
- Web Page Title Not Showing on Bing/Yahoo or Says “Official Site” - June 7, 2017
- How To Track the Facebook “Call Now” Button - April 10, 2017