The tool that many SEO’s have used for several years, Google PageRank, is officially dead…or dying. Sources say that PageRank data will be unavailable within a couple of weeks.
I still see the PageRank data in my Chrome Open SEO browser and stats toolbar as you see below:
But, presumably, this data will disappear in short order.
So, what is the reaction of the masses? Let’s take a look at the top posts with quotable Tweets about the death of PageRank in this weekly round-up.
Top 10 Posts About The “Passing” of PageRank
1. Danny Sullivan provides a retrospective on how PageRank ruined the web:
2. Barry Schwartz says Good Riddance to PageRank!
3. From the Y Combinator forums:
4. Matt Southern from his article Google to Stop Displaying Toolbar PageRank Scores:
5. Jennifer Slegg on Google Removing PageRank From Google Toolbar:
6. From the Team Position blog post It’s Curtains For Google PageRank:
7. Alex Hunt bids farewell to PageRank and ponders How Will This Affect SEO:
8. Chloe Green asks what does this mean for your website?
9. On the PureContent blog, Jo Cook realizes that this death of PageRank comes as no surprise but it…
10. And of course, The SEO System ponders The “Passing of Google PageRank“:
Article Comments:Have any other “quotable” quotes about the “Passing” of PageRank or want to add a comment/feedback? Sound off in the comments section below. I respond to all comments that come in. Cheers, Richard
Latest posts by Richard Cummings (see all)
- Social Shares Vs Inbound Links:Why being socially smart is organically stupid in 2018! - January 17, 2018
- Web Page Title Not Showing on Bing/Yahoo or Says “Official Site” - June 7, 2017
- How To Track the Facebook “Call Now” Button - April 10, 2017