Question: I am wondering what are the best times to post for the various social media sites. I use The SEO System as my primary SEO and social media software and so, as I do my daily social media updates, I am wondering when they will be most effective? Thanks in advance for your help. -Bethany, Phoenix, AZ
Best Time to Post Social Media Updates
Bethany, thanks for the question about social media update times. Obviously, when you put in the effort to do social media updates, you want them read by as many people as possible.
We have included an infographic below from Lori Taylor’s social caffeine site. This infographic depicts the absolute best and worst times to post your social media updates for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest.
Related Content: Social Media Marketing Secrets: Mastering Social Media!
Bethany, as you look at the graphic below, remember these social media update times are “absolutes”, absolutely the best and worst times for updates. The reason that this is important to note is that you do not want to burden yourself with extra work by waiting to post your social media update at the absolute best time. There are many “good” times to post and, with everybody reading about the best time to post on social media, it stands to reason that more people will be doing it. Thus, if you post at a good time, you may actually get more views due to lesser volume.
That said, it is important to remember that many of the social media outlets allow you to choose the time that your update will happen. For example, many people do not know that Facebook allows you to post your update at whatever time you choose.
Infograhpic: Best and Worst Times for Social Media Updates
Bethany, we present the infographic to you below as a detailed answer to your question. However, just so you do not get lost in the details, here is a summary:
- Do not bother remembering the worst times to post on social media since you will not be posting then.
- Do Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ updates at 1:30pm and save the best updates for Wednesday.
- LinkedIn users seem to operate most just before or after work. Do LinkedIn updates then if possible (but if you do them at 1:30pm with the others, this will be ok too).
- Finally, do all of your Pinterest updates on Saturday morning.
We hope this post helps everyone decide the best times to do their social media updates.
If you would like to submit a question to The SEO System, you may do so on our contact page. All questions and answers can be found on our Q&A: Answers To Your Search and Social Media Optimization Questions section!
Latest posts by Richard Cummings (see all)
- How to Upload Photos to Instagram From Your Computer in 4 Easy Steps - October 29, 2018
- 5 “Beat the Competition” Website Optimization Tips - August 27, 2018
- The Perfect WordPress Permalink Structure – There’s Only 1 Answer! - July 4, 2018